A key component of the Microsoft Office personal productivity suite, Microsoft Access is a popular tool that can help you organize important data. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to make sure those Microsoft Access files are fully backed up and protected with Carbonite Pro:
1. Sign up for Carbonite Pro or try it free for 30 days.
2. Install Carbonite Pro on your computers.
3. When you reach the stage where it asks you if you’d like “Automatic” or “Custom” backup, select “Automatic.”
4. Microsoft stores all of the files created in Office under the “Users” folder. The “Users" folder is automatically targeted for backup by Carbonite Pro.
5. If you selected “Custom,” simply right-click on the “Users” folder and select 'Back this up' from the Carbonite menu. You can remove files from your backup the same way. Simply right-click on a file and select 'Don't back this up' from the Carbonite menu.
Once the initial backup is complete, you can verify that all of your important Access files are backed up by either going into your “Documents” folder to see that the files are backed up, or by searching backup set to see that the files have been selected. Your Access files end in .ACCDB, .ACCDE, .ACCDT, or .ACCDR.
Ready to protect your critical Microsoft Access data? Sign up for a free trial of Carbonite Pro and get started today.